Bee Removal Chicago, Illinois
Bees provide a number of unique benefits to our environment; they don’t just make honey for us. Bees are vital to the pollination of an enormous amount of crops including avocados, strawberries, and watermelon. Bee control in Chicago becomes important as all of these benefits don’t change the fact that when you find a bee’s nest around your home or business in Chicago, it can be downright dangerous and scary.
That’s because bees are more famously known for one thing: stinging. Bee stings not only hurt, but they can be potentially fatal if the victim is allergic to the venom. Bees come around domestic dwellings and populated areas for a few reasons, including:
- BBQs and picnics
- Garbage sources that provide food
- Flowers and gardens
- Unknown bee colony relocation effect
The bottom line is bee control in Chicago is important. When you have a bee infestation around your home or workplace, you need to call in bee control professional to get rid of it before you or your family gets hurt.
When are Bees Most Active in Chicago?
Bees tend to be the most active around the warmer, summer months as they are extremely busy (busy as a bee!) preparing the hive for their Queen. During the colder winter months, bees are less active as the cold weather doesn’t provide an ideal environment for them – but if winter supplies run low, they will venture out.
Plus, with this strange bee relocation phenomenon, it’s becoming more common to see bees in previously unheard of locations at all times of the year.
Why Professional Bee Control in Chicago is Necessary
So if you see bees around your home, apartment, workplace or even a local park, it’s vital that you call for professional bee control services.
- Bee stings can produce anaphylaxis shock and other deadly allergic reactions
- Trying to get rid of a beehive with household insect repellents will only serve to antagonize the insects
- More than half a million people are hospitalized with insect stings each year in the United States
- Bees can show unprovoked aggression, rendering backyards safe for adults, pets and little children alike
- Bees often enter homes while looking for sources of food. They can build nests in attics, garages, ceiling beams and walls
- Outdoors, bees will often nest in sheds, under porches, on fences or even in the ground
What to Do if You See Bees in Chicago
If you spot bees around your home, there are a number of precautions you can take to avoid getting stung, including:
- Wearing shoes outdoors at all times
- Put screens on all windows and doors
- Keep all food covered when dining in outdoors
- Make sure all garbage locations are properly covered with tight-fitting lids and that it doesn’t sit around for long
- Paint and varnish all fences and wooden decks, patios, etc.
- Never swat at or antagonize a bee in any way
If stung, pull the stinger out, wash the area with soap and water and monitor the bite. Seek immediate medical attention for swelling, shortness of breath or if you are allergic to bees. If you have a nest of bees or see a lot of bees around your home or workplace, always seek professional bee control services in Chicago as soon as possible to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones.